[mythtv-users] Playback freeze/lockup + kernel panic

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sun Feb 7 18:30:22 UTC 2010

>I've been in touch with Nvidia about this and they suggested that I
>uninstall the RPM Fusion package and install the beta manufacturer drivers
>instead.  Doing this got rid of the kernel panic but not the freeze/lockup.
>
>Now they want me to try and reproduce the problem in mplayer, but mplayer
>isn't set up by default to handle VDPAU playback.  Does anyone know how to
>do this?  All I can find by searching around is a page that's 1.5 years old
>for FC11.

Scratch this question.  Mplayer on fc12 comes with VDPAU support if you have
the right card drivers installed, you just need to use the -vo vdpau switch
when you call it.

Another question, tho:  MythTV uses mplayer for playback, no?  If so how can
I give it an identical set of arguments to what MythTV is giving it to play
back a file?  I'm trying to see if it can reproduce the same lockup I'm
getting from MythTV.

Thx,

Steve