[mythtv-users] Jump to time and mute

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:29:25 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 16:18, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <2753d5e81002070440m2b682a0cme1933a2bacf5f058 at mail.gmail.com>,
> Rafael Moslin wrote:
> > Your right about entering a jump value during playback supposedly jumping
> > the entered time but I don't recalling it actually ever working, and it
> > doesn't work for me in trunk.
>
> That's a real shame. Jolly useful IMO. I guess I need to submit a bug
> report,
> or even get reading the source ...
>
> > As to the mute button not working, are you
> > using spdiff output or perhaps you have not enabled the internal mixer in
> > Setup>General?
>
> I've got "Use internal volume controls" selected in the Audio Mixer pane -
> is
> that the one?
>
> Ian

I suppose you're right about it being a bug Ian as it does still state it as
expected behavior in the official documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 and a quick peruse of
open Trac tickets doesn't show it as having already been reported.

That is what I meant but it seems you already have it checked, mute (or
volume) does not work on my setup but that's because I have my sound set to
pass through as I use an external decoder so I don't expect it to do so.
I'll be surprised if this has not come up previously so maybe a quick search
on Gossamer <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/>might shed
some more light for you. I'm sorry that I have not been of any real help but
it is hard without knowing your exact setup.