[mythtv-users] Planning Tuners and Disk I/O for a MythTV Backend System

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 7 16:08:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 01:45:31AM -0800, Jim Beckett wrote:
> Raymond,
>
> Wow, I sure struck out on that post... It's comical that so much work
> went into chasing erroneous data... Doh!
>
> Thanks for straightening me out.

Sounds like you've got the bandwidth thing straightened out.
I would encourage you to get lots of space. I *thought*
a terabyte would be sufficient. Technically, it is but
I hate having to worry about going over.

Also, not sure about other peoples' opinions on the subject,
but Linux' software RAID has really worked well for me.