[mythtv-users] DroboShare and HD Question

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Sun Feb 7 15:05:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

Is anyone here running a Drobo and sharing disk space via DroboShare?

My setup, until recently, was a 4 TB raid 5 array shared via SMB to my master backend. I recently lost 2 drives in the RAID (ugh), and I'm looking at the Droboshare as a replacement.

I have 2 HDPVR's and 3 frontends. Is the DroboShare (GB ethernet to network) going to be fast enough for me? Although the Drobo itself has Firewire 800, the Droboshare connects to the Drobo via USB 2 only.

Thanks,
Gerald