[mythtv-users] Beware, I think the avenard trunk repo (at least for jaunty) is broken right now

Gerben Roest g.roest at grepit.nl
Sun Feb 7 09:48:44 UTC 2010

Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <5418C965-68A6-4FCE-A203-2B13A87805DF at gmail.com>, David
> Asher wrote:
>> Obviously, I can force the versions if it stays like this for too
>> long.  Just wanted to warn others to be careful upgrading.
>
> Drat, too late, I upgraded this morning and my video now doesn't work.
> :-( :-(

For a (short) while a .23 trunk version erroneously was included in the
avenard "release" repo and now my server runs trunk (because of my
careless upgrading, didn't change /etc/apt/sources.list.d/avenard.list
and suddenly I was using trunk), has a newer database schema and I am
forced to use
the exact same trunk version on my frontends :-(

I could downgrade my server to go back to "release" but I'm hesitant
about all the work to roll back the database to a "release"-supported
schema.

There are no problems though with the trunk (luckily) but it shows that
you must check and double-check when using avenard's repo and doing an
upgrade.

Gerben