[mythtv-users] VDPAU High qualty scaling

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 03:40:53 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 07:22, julien <trankkilou at gmail.com> wrote:
> thx for the tipe :)
>
> I read the readme and I just found a line about this function "These GPUs (NB: C series) also support VDP_VIDEO_MIXER_FEATURE_HIGH_QUALITY_SCALING_L1"
>
> So not many informations...
>
> Is the difference of quality huge between with and without ?

Julien

This is a hardware feature - and it isn't available on the 8400GS -
so, yes, you can forget about it with your current card :)

To be honest, I doubt most people would notice the difference if they
had it enabled. On certain material/scenes, you can see the difference
but it's definitely for the perfectionist. It will, of course, make no
difference for HD videos.

regards

Mark