[mythtv-users] TIVO and cablecard ?

Misc Things formisc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 01:43:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>     On the other hand, an HDPVR allows you to record whatever you want and
> those recordings will be always DRM free. An entire tuner setup is very
> much
> like using Series 2 Tivo with cable. If you don't like your local landline
> monopoly, this is the same sort of setup you would be using in order use a
> standard Tivo with a satellite cable provider.

makes sense. I experimented again with now another HD antenna - and no luck
at all. I think i'll wait till when the tuner with card comes out. Or once
the current promotion (3ple play) expires then i'll get a tuner and mythtv.
As of right now - i see very little value going this route.

Thank you,
Andrew