[mythtv-users] Cannot grab dvb-t EIT data

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sat Feb 6 21:46:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 22:33 +0200, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Some) Digital TV has started broadcasting (finally) in Greece. In my
> hometown, I added the relevant frequency in MythTV, so I can tune and
> watch the channels. The problem is that I don't get any EIT data,
> which I can do directly from my DVB-T tv set.
>

> If it is a matter of setting things more correctly in mythtv-setup,
> can someone please provide what logs and/or any additional info I
> should provide to get this fixed?
>
> Thanks,

Yianni,

Try running me-tv and seeing how it goes at getting guide data.  (You'll
need to stop the mythbackend first).

me-tv defaults to showing the guide and once you've set up channels
should gather guide data for you.  If this doesn't work, the problems
are a little more low level, but if it does then it's likely to be a
setting in myth somewhere.

R.