[mythtv-users] Trashed file system after "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Sat Feb 6 21:46:35 UTC 2010

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Straight of the bat, by initial thought was a faulty power supply.  Have
> you tried this line of thinking.

Thanks for the heads up, Rodd; I hadn't considered it because it is a
quality PS less than six months old. Nevertheless, it's worth a shot
because I'm getting this failure on a daily basis now.

At the moment I am checking out signal levels, which seem suspect. (see
my prev. post)

> I've had a number of situations where strange hardware problems turned
> out to be a failing power supply.

Yea, me too. Like loosing a whole bunch of HDDs due to a faulty "no
name" PS. I learned that lesson!

The GuiGuy

  /  Oz  \

They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant
boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French,
they are simply a nation of drunkards
(Marcus Clark - Englishman)