[mythtv-users] Poor quality pictures

MythTV mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net
Sat Feb 6 04:15:17 UTC 2010

> > My first thought was the coax lead from the wall to the PC but I
> substituted
> > an LCD TV. Not only was it fine but it found more channels than at
> its
> > regular location in our kitchen.
> >
> > Is it possible that this is in some way caused by the settings?
(Just
> > grasping at straws),
>
> Doesn't sound like the symptoms point to your capture card, DVB
> problems normally manifest themselves in the form of blockiness or
> garbled (squeaks and pops) audio. Sounds more like a playback problem
> to me, try playing the recordings in Mplayer or VLC.
>
> - Chris

There are known problems with 2.6.31 (which ubuntu 9.10 is based on) and
many(?)
tuners.  At least dvico and any nova t-500 (dib0700) based cards, which
is all
I have.

The latest update from ubuntu (2.6.31-19) should fix at least some,
otherwise
try 2.6.32.  There are ubuntu wiki pages on how to upgrade, but iirc,
2.6.32
has problems in other areas.