[mythtv-users] Watch LiveTV Broken and Recording Broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 5 16:57:32 UTC 2010

On 02/05/2010 11:47 AM, James Oltman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> When using a digital capture device, you really need to scan for
>> channels before running mythfilldatabase (or before doing the "Fetch
>> channels from listings source").  See
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> The wiki link in there is now
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Channel_Editor
> That's a good point.  I bet if I ran the mythfilldb, it would have updated
> the schedules for those channels.  But still, the channel numbers are wrong.

It sounded to me like you somehow had channels in Myth before you
scanned.  If so, you really should Delete all video sources (as in the
link) and start over.

Regarding channel numbers, they're user-editable data.  When retrieving
channels properly (through a channel scan), the channel numbers are set
to the values reported in the stream.  If the stream doesn't contain any
valid channel numbers, Myth makes some up, and it's up to the user to
compensate for his broadcaster's sending out garbage (i.e. edit them).

Also, if you're using Comcast, you may want to research scte65scan.

Mike