[mythtv-users] Wireless Bridges and "Thinking it's wired"

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 5 18:47:49 UTC 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 11:29:22 am David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Fri, February 5, 2010 8:06 am, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> > Worst case is more like someone using your bandwidth to download
> > kiddie-porn, and the FBI showing up, arresting you, and confiscating all
> > your computer equipment, it then being up to you to prove you didn't do
> > it.
>
> I think that scenario is unlikely, or someone would have been arrested for
> running a Tor exit node already.
>
> I'd worry more about someone emailing a death threat to the President or
> something like that.  I mean, odds are you wouldn't be convicted, but
> you'd probably end up on some watch lists that would be awfully hard to
> get back off of.

Perhaps so, one could construct all sorts of bad scenarios, but I'm not
worried about that sort of thing.

Since anyone breaking into a MAC address protected system would have had to
commit an overt act to do so, I'm just not going to worry about it.

I'm more likely to be struck by a meteorite, or a runaway Toyota.