[mythtv-users] Watch LiveTV Broken and Recording Broken

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:32:40 UTC 2010

James Oltman wrote:
> The HDHR is hooked up to Comcast cable on both inputs.  Before I ran
> the channel scan, the ABC channel (19.1 which Myth assigned all by
> itself) had the ABC schedule but was actually the PBS (47.1) station.
> After I ran the channel scan, PBS is listed as 19.1 and is actually
> PBS with the PBS schedule.  47.1 is ABC and with the ABC schedule.
> ABC is supposed to be 19.1 and PBS 47.1.  I guess I could go in and
> clear the channel info for all tuners and start over with the digital
> channels first.
Jim,

Have you seen the scte65scan method for Comcast users? It takes a lot of
the guess work out of the channel setup process:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan

When you have finished, all you should need to do is delete the channels
that wont tune because they are encrypted.

- Jim