[mythtv-users] Frontend Lockups

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:47:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Frank Merrill <fmerrill1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, you are right, I worded it poorly and I shouldn't have used 60Hz
> as an example, as in reality 1080i is broadcast between 25 and 30
> frames per second, and the 2X de-interlacers double the frame rate, so
> a 25fps or 30fps stream would be doubled and require a 50Hz or 60Hz
> refresh rate.
> My point was mainly that Advanced 2X requires the display to be able
> to accept double the frame rate of the input content.
>
> Frank

The TV is a Samsung LN52A650.  It accepts inputs up 1920x1080 @60Hz.  It
also supports 24Hz input.  I have never gotten a stutter before in playing
back 1080i material.  I was using the VDPAU High setting.  Last night, I
lowered it to just VDPAU Normal.  I guess I'll have to see what happens.
It's just strange that the FE never locks up on MKVs (like blu ray) whether
I have it using mplayer or Internal.  It's only on recordings.  But the FE
logs only show that NVP prebuffering pause before a hard lock up.  Is there
a way I can get more logging on the FE?  I have MythBuntu and it uses the
/home/user/.config/autostart/myth.desktop to start the FE.  The exact
command is mythfronted --service.  I have tried adding -v all in there, but
it didn't do anything.  Should I change the --service to -v all and add the
-l /home/user/mythfe/log?  Thanks!

Jim