[mythtv-users] Frontend Lockups

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 06:06:05 UTC 2010

> A few things.  First, the chart on that page says that the 9500 will
> do 1080i de-interlacing using Advanced 2X but with possible stuttering
> on occasion.
> To do any 2x interlacing, your display has to be able to do double the
> refresh rate to accommodate a doubled frame-rate, so, for example, if
> your currently set refesh rate is at 60Hz, can your display do 120Hz?
> If not, then you won't be able to use the 2X de-interlacers. (the card
> can do them, but the display also has to be able to)
> I suspect your 1920x1080 display would be able to do it, but you may
> need to adjust your Nvidia-Settings and see what refresh rate you have
> set in there now.
> You also should check the display specs to see if it will do double
> that rate or not.
> Is it really a 1920x1080 display, or is that just a resolution the
> display says it will accept?

I don't believe this is true. A 60Hz 1080i video stream is 30 frames
of odd lines (540 lines) interlaced with 30 frames of even lines (540
lines) every second.

I am not sure what exactly advanced 2x does to create the final
stream, but the final stream is 1080p at 60Hz, not 120Hz.

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong though...

Phil