[mythtv-users] Watch LiveTV Broken and Recording Broken

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 03:57:51 UTC 2010

I have an HDHR, a PVR-250 and PVR-350 on my BE machine (32bit 9.10
mythbuntu).  Today it hasn't been recording TV shows correctly.  When I go
to watch LiveTV, I get a black screen and this appears in the FE logs:

2010-02-04 21:52:31.932 NVP(2), Warning: Waited too long for decoder to
pause

The BE isn't showing anything helpful.  The HDHR shows that a tuner is
active, as does MythWeb.  However, I get nothing on the screen.  I can't get
out of the LiveTV screen unless I kill the FE process.  This happens whether
I use the HDHR for input of an analog channel on the PVR cards.  I'm
thinking I should do another channel scan.  The reason being I try and watch
the local ABC HD channel and it was showing a PBS program.  That's obviously
not right.  What's strange is that this same setup was able to record Lost
just fine on Tuesday.  What should I try doing from here?  Thanks!

Jim