[mythtv-users] myth & screen saver/screen power management

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Feb 5 00:15:36 UTC 2010

> Any chance you could do a test for me and run:
>
> time gnome-screensaver-command --version && echo $?
>
> and
>
> time gnome-screensaver-command --poke && echo $?
>
> both with and without gnome-screensaver running.

I modified the commandline a little so it always shows $?.  Using && doesn't
work if the command before it returns 0.

kevin at htpc:~$ gnome-screensaver
kevin at htpc:~$ time (gnome-screensaver-command --version; echo $?)
gnome-screensaver-command 2.28.0
1

real    0m0.005s
user    0m0.004s
sys     0m0.000s
kevin at htpc:~$ time (gnome-screensaver-command --poke; echo $?)
0

real    0m0.013s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.008s
kevin at htpc:~$ killall gnome-screensaver
kevin at htpc:~$ time (gnome-screensaver-command --version; echo $?)
gnome-screensaver-command 2.28.0
1

real    0m0.005s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.008s
kevin at htpc:~$ time (gnome-screensaver-command --poke; echo $?)
** Message: Screensaver is not running!
1

real    0m0.014s
user    0m0.000s