[mythtv-users] Waking up MythTV

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Feb 4 22:02:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:58:23PM +0000, Paul Clark wrote:

> > > I'm assuming it's down to the frontend being paged out to disk as
> > > it's inactive.  When I use my system after a long period of inactivity I
> > > hear a lot of disk noise and then everything's fine.
> >
> > By the way, I forgot to mention that I experience the problem on
> > diskless frontends. Everything is in RAM so I don't think it is related
> > to paging activity.
>
> It looks like we're not the first to find this issue
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/412849?search_string=please%20wait;#412849

Indeed, this is our issue. Thanks for searching.

> And it appears to have been fixed in trunk.  It'll be available when 0.23 is
> released for us who don't roll our own from SVN
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7836

There's a request in the ticket to backport the fix to 0.22-fixes. Don't
know if Trac is the best/official way to request a backport, or who
decides that something deserves to be backported, but it sure would
be very nice to have this fix backported. The diff does not seem too
complicated to backport...

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-