[mythtv-users] Wireless Bridges and "Thinking it's wired"

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 4 16:15:14 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 08:56:13 am Nick Morrott wrote:

> According to el Wikipedia [1], an 802.11n network gives best
> performance when running at 5GHz (as 802.11a does). That should also
> help mitigate the problem of a flooded 2.4GHz spectrum if everyone
> else around you is running b/g.

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11n

Are there any frequency-independent units available for use with customer-
supplied radios? That might open up opportunities for licensed radio amateurs
to use spectrum not available otherwise. This approach was used to solve the
problems on the 11-meter band (CB) with remote control systems.

I think there is also some unallocated spectrum above 40 Ghz. (or at least
there used to be) which might be useful for very short range systems.