[mythtv-users] How to set Active EIT Scan

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:35:36 UTC 2010

On 4 February 2010 11:41, George <george.news at gmx.net> wrote:
> The problem is that for a couple of channels (all under the same main
> multiplex channel) that the EPG is not retrieved. It is left to Unknown.
> I don't know if it is due to expiration date on database or because it is
> unable to get it.
>
> I think is the latter. When trying to watch these problematic channels,
> sometimes the system is not able to get the lock on the channel and others I
> get this error:
> "Error opening jump program filebuffer"
>
> Any further idea. What can be the cause of such an error?

An inability to tune to a particular mux could indicate borderline
signal strength if the mux is broadcast at low power, or that the
stored tuning information is not correct.

Are you sure that EIT data is broadcast on the problem multiplex? If
you are, do other EIT-aware programmes like kaffeine successfully
display the EIT data?

Cheers,
Nick

--