[mythtv-users] TIVO and cablecard ?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Feb 4 05:01:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 08:14:41PM -0500, Misc Things wrote:

> >> You're
> >> >
> >> BTW, Sorry for starting the discussion about content rights. I am in
> >> cranky mood (long work related OT reason).
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > yeah we kinda wondered into a different area than i originally intended.
> >

> So returning to the implicit question that i had in mind when i asked the
> original question - so then why do i want to bother with mythtv if @ the end

    What do you want to do that an S3 doesn't?

        Seamless multiroom viewing?
        Easy to upgrade storage?
        Commercial skipping?
        Better video compression?
        Able to record from ANY HD source (Dish,DTV)?
        No DRM on recordings?

> i'm getting much less functionality then (even from ) TIVO - i can't recprd
> multiple channels, can''t switch channels, can't get rid of the STBs ...

    You can record as many multiple channels as you want to buy tuners for.

    Getting rid of the STBs is probably lowest priority feature out there.

[deletia]