[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-500 Diversity Card - Any Hope ?

Paul paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 21:53:37 UTC 2010

I picked up a used Hauppauge Nova 500 card recently, thinking at the
time 'haven't I read something about a model that doesn't work - naah,
it'll be fine !'.  Well, obviously, after installing it in my PC, it
doesn't work....

It's the card with two antenna connectors and is marked
'WinTV-NOVA-TD-500 DVB-T 68109'.  I don't get any messages in dmesg
about DVB, Hauppauge or V4L.  The only thing that shows up in lspci is a
'Hauppauge Multimedia Adaptor 6800'.

Am I doomed ?  Is there any chance of using this card in myth ?  (I
assume that Hauppauge won't even think about exchanging a second hand
card with no box, manuals or bits).

Thanks

Paul.