[mythtv-users] TIVO and cablecard ?

Misc Things formisc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:39:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 02/03/2010 03:22 PM, Misc Things wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Misc Things wrote:
> >>

> http://www.geektonic.com/2010/01/hauppauge-confirms-cablecard-device.html

> joining

> tuners
> :)
> >> Win7 can provide the approved path since it can prevent you from
> >> accessing the content you paid for in an unencrypted form.
> > sorry about top post - it's default for gmail. so i forget sometimes.
> >
> > it bedazzles me that i can't own smth i payed for. to me it's like buying
> > car and returning it after the first ride....
> > Let's see what will happened.
> >

> Check your contract.  You never payed for the content.  You paid for the
> cable TV *service* (i.e. paid someone to send a signal to your
> house--and they keep doing that as long as you keep paying).  No where
> do you gain rights over any of the content of that signal.
>
> There's a /huge/ difference.
>
> Mike

It's a word game to me, Mike. so what owners allowed me to pay for one time
review? or 2 times?  i'm not sure if there is a defintion of how many time
or/and how often i can view the content. Anyway it's word game to lawyers
and politicians. If i pay for smth i should have  a clear understanding that
i can either store it or can not. As it goes right now - there is none.

Anyway ...