[mythtv-users] RESOLVED: Switched to MythBuntu 9.1, Standard def TV, stretch

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Wed Feb 3 19:20:03 UTC 2010

> Do you have any kind of flickering in the video?

I sometimes see a slight hesitation (probably means a frame is late.),
especially for HD playback sometimes, but I don't see "flickering".
For SD playback, I don't see any problem.

When I was using MythBuntu 8.x's fglrx driver, I sometimes saw the
artifact of slower screen update. It seems much better with the
MythBuntu 9.10 + the latest driver from ATI/AMD website.

> My card is an ATI HD 4200 from an Asus M4A785TD-M EVO. I notice the
> default MythBuntu 9.10 fglrx driver works but not perfectly. I was
> thinking on installing the one from ATI but not 100% sure if it will
> solve problem.

The default gflrx driver that you can install with MythBuntu 9.1 did not
work at all on mine, while the latest driver does work. Since I don't
have the same hardware as yours, I cannot say which way to go, but if
it's not working for you now, everything to gain with the new driver.

Note that, my video is the onboard graphics.

OTOH, if "ati" driver (that comes with X) works for you, you don't need
the fglrx driver at all.

--
Naoyuki Tai <ntai a t smartfruit d o t com>