[mythtv-users] MythTV FE Help!!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 3 14:57:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 06:45:27 am Tim Raphael wrote:
> I have just installed windows 7 and according to the device manager I have
>  an Atheros AR5B91 in my 3610. This means that  my 3610 is capable of
>  802.11n speeds... how come it doesn't and Windows does...

802.11N support under Linux is relatively new, and I never count on WiFi
anyway, especially the advertised speeds.

The Linux WiFi drivers are often done without direct help from the chipmaker,
and sometimes in the fact of actual opposition. We should be happy they work
as well as they do :-)

Just a suggestion: Your subject line says nothing about what your actual
problem is, making it hard for people searching the list archives. It's also
usually best to have separate threads for different problems.

Please don't be offended, you are far from the only one using poor subject
lines, I'm guilty of it myself.