[mythtv-users] canceled recording (Recorder Failed) mystery

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:27:37 UTC 2010

On 2 February 2010 08:23, Bob Gamble <kiksadiweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still no solution to the below.  Other errors in addition to "Canceled
> recording.  Recorder failed" include:
> Error: Failed to set channel to 241. Reverting to kState_None
> This error can happen when watching livetv and trying to change channels
> using my remote.  I will also get "excessive retries" errors intermittently.

You may get additional debug info if you add the "record,channel,file"
logging options to your backend's logfile whilst you are investigating
this problem.

You could also check the syslog after boot to make sure the two
PVR-350 cards are being detected correctly and are finding and loading
the correct firmware, and check dmesg during recordings to make suer
there are no kernel-related messages being emitted.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott