[mythtv-users] Udev Help

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Feb 2 23:31:26 UTC 2010

On 2/2/2010 5:06 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM, greg<greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>  wrote:
>>   I've been fighting an issue where my HD_PVR and Pvr-150 has been swapping
>> nodes.. I have tried every solution I can find, and none of them seem to
>> work..
>> I have developed 2 rules and they seemed to work,but after a reboot they
>> still occasionally still swap..
>> My question is would someone take a look at these rules and see if there is
>> something obvious I am missing..
>>
>> KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="ivtv0 encoder MPG", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x4444",
>> SYMLINK+="video_PVR150"
>>
>> KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD PVR", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x8086",
>> SYMLINK+="video_hdpvr"
>>

> Even with those rules, are you still trying to use /dev/video0 and
> /dev/video1 in Myth?  If so, that is your problem.  Using the rules
> you have defined there, use /dev/video_PVR150 and /dev/video_hdpvr in
> Myth.

Right. I just went through this over the weekend.

I have the (2) pcHDTV cards and my PVR-350.

While Myth uses /dev/dvb for the pcHDTV cards, video4linux still assigns them a /dev/video number which can muck up where the PVR-350 goes.

Soooo, the PVR-350 is now mapped to /dev/video-pvr350.

I had to specifically tell Myth not to use /dev/video0 (which is still valid) but to keep scrolling through the list in myth-setup until you get the one that's the new symlink.

  -Ben