[mythtv-users] How to set Active EIT Scan

News Email George.News at gmx.net
Tue Feb 2 22:40:10 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have mythtv configured, up an running. I have also set mythwelcome to automatically switch on/off the computer when needed by recordings.

Now I have discover the capabilities to set rules for recordings based on EPG. However I have a problem. The EPG is not always filled for some channels. Actually right now it seems that it only updates the channels recording or that I've been watching with LiveTV.

I have read that is should be something like "Active EIT Scan", but I haven't found such an option. This option should enable EPG to be filled on every channel even not recording or watching.

Mythbackend is configured as follows:
- Listings grabber: transmmited guide only EIT

- Card - Recording Options ->  Open on demand (not checked) and Use as EIT Scanning (checked)

I have a NOVA T-500 and both tunners have the same options.

Could you please give me some hint on how to set the active EIT Scan? I have also set mythwelcome to switch on the computer at 4.00AM thinking that it maybe something with the system busy. So at 4.00AM nothing should be running, neither recording nor watching and it should update the EPG, but it is not done.

Do I have to run also mythfilldatabase frequently? Where do I set that?

Any help is more than welcome. I think the system is great for my daily recordings but I need to update EPG automatically.

TA.

CU.
--
NEU: Mit GMX DSL über 1000,- ¿ sparen!