[mythtv-users] Playback of a particular HD recording using VDPAU crashes mythfrontend and X

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:35:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Jelte Veldstra <jelte.veldstra at gmail.com>wrote:
Deletia

> Another thing worth checking is whether you use cpu throtling (change the
> cpu clock when idle and ramp it up when needed). I had this enabled on my
> S939 based AMD system (also VDPAU with 9400GT card) and had hardlocks when
> playing back certain BBC-HD recordings. After disabling this option these
> same recordings would play back fine.
>
> Just my $0.02,
>

> Jelte

I hate to hijack the thread, but I'm having hard lock ups as well.  Running
an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (it's an off the shelf system, so I don't
really know much more about it.  When I get home I can check on more
specifics).  When you say disable CPU throttling, do you mean disable
SpeedStep in the BIOS?  Or is there more to it?  Thanks!

Jim