[mythtv-users] VMWare on the backend. Viable solution?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Feb 1 23:38:03 UTC 2010

2010/2/1 Craig Anderson <craig.anderson0 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have read through this thread with interest, and it got me thinking.
>
> Could I pic-passthrough a GT220 to a xem vm on the same hardware as a
> vm backend?

It is possible to passthrough graphics cards with Xen, but last time I
checked, you had to apply some bleeding edge patches to get it
working. But it is possible, have a look at Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Xen+passthrough&search_type=&aq=f

Passthrough of graphics cards aren't support by KVM at the moment, I
don't believe that anyone is working on implementing this.

Best Regards
Kenni Lund