[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 1 22:22:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>MCE USB Transceiver. Something's awry with transmit support w/the
> latest kernel/lirc combo, which I still need to look into...
>
> Thanks, Jarod. I will try undoing the setup for the IR on HD-PVR and
> replace that with the MCE USB Transceiver instead.
>
> Just to clarify, you meant that there is something awry with transmit support
> for the lirc_zilog on HD-PVR (and not for the MCE USB), correct?

Sorry, no, meant something was awry with transmit support on the usb-uirt.

> Two simple questions:
>
> 1. If correctly set-up should I still be able to use my Radio Shack RS15-2116
> remote with the MCE USB transceiver? I want to avoid using another remote in my
> living room (i.e. the MCE silver remote) since I sue the former for all other components.

Yes, I used that same remote with an MCE transceiver for quite some time.

> 2. Can I still use the IR blaster cable with red transmitting eye that came with HD-PVR
> on the MCE USB transceiver? I would like to avoid unhooking it since I found the correct
> spot for the IR eye on the STB that works and I have taped the blaster on it already.

Not sure. If I'm thinking clearly though, the plug end of the blaster
cables isn't the same between the hdpvr and mceusb devices.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com