[mythtv-users] Playback freeze/lockup + kernel panic

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 1 13:53:13 UTC 2010

>No, more often than not, its a kernel bug. But often a kernel bug
>exposed (or created) by differences in new hardware.
>
>Better to look at the vmcore using crash rather than using gdb directly,
btw.

OK when I get home from work I'll have a go at crash and post what I find.

But as a practical matter, what are my options to get this box working?
It's recording lots of shows but I can't watch them, so it's useless.  Do I
need to get a different vid card?  Is there a known-working card with
MythTV, FC12, and this kernel?  Or should I try a radeon-based card maybe?