[mythtv-users] MythVideo Try to play .iso, plays DVD instead

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 22:25:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Erik Mellquist
<erik.mellquist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been running Mythbuntu for a few months now and have never been able to
> get .iso's to play using the Internal player.  I just noticed today that
> when I try to play any .iso file, myth attempts to play a DVD.  Has anybody
> else seen this behavior?

It doesn't attempt to play a DVD, you're misunderstanding the log
message.  You're trying to play an encrypted ISO in a Storage Group,
or you're trying to play any ISO on a storage group on a version of
MythTV less than .24.

Options are upgrade to .24 (in which case ISOs in Storage Groups will
work for you assuming your ISOs are unencrypted) or upgrade to .24 AND
decrypt your ISOs.

Alternately, you can use local file storage rather than Storage
Groups, but this is an option which is unlikely to exist by your next
upgrade and will introduce its own headaches.  I suggest one of the
above.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Storage_Groups

Robert