[mythtv-users] 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade; database wont upgrade

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 18:18:58 UTC 2010

On 31 December 2010 15:53, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> Thanks for the email however I have no issues with restoring the 0.23
> database. I have an issue with mythbackend not upgrading it to 0.24
> successfully.

The upgrade is failing due to the presence of a(t least one) table
that should not exist at the reported schema version of 1257. Checking
the relevant source [1] shows that the schema upgrade from 1257 to
1258 creates 2 new tables, so can delete them (but keep that backup
handy):

$ mysql -u <username> -p mythconverg

mysql> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS internetcontent;
mysql> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS internetcontentarticles;
mysql> exit;

This should permit this particular schema upgrade to succeed, but
without knowing how far the broken upgrade got it's difficult to say
how much more poking will be required. However, there are no more
table creates/drops in the schema update process.

[1] http://code.mythtv.org/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=81f3a7e0586df4ca9c0880480a30f9b3faa1036b/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp

Cheers,
Nick

--