[mythtv-users] More mythvidexport.py issues, "NameError: global name 'hosts' is not defined"

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:50:05 UTC 2010

Hey again all,

Been messing with mythvidexport.py again today, but not getting any further.

Basically, it keeps falling back to Generic for the naming output, about
50/50 when it does this.  All recordings I have are TV, no films or anything
else.  Can only assume the data isn't there for it to do TV naming?!

So, I thought if the data wasn't there, then I could just change the Generic
output to include the recording date/time, so that each had a different name
(they were just being named by title, so weekly shows would just overwrite
each other).

I ran this in the command line:

'/home/user/Desktop/mythvideoexport.py' --gformat Videos/%STARTTIME%-%TITLE%

But get the following errors:

Changing Generic format to: Videos/%STARTTIME%-%TITLE%
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/Desktop/mythvideoexport.py", line 381, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/user/Desktop/mythvideoexport.py", line 374, in main
    db.settings[hosts]['mythvideo.GENERICexportfmt'] = opts.gformat
NameError: global name 'hosts' is not defined

Even just running "'/home/user/Desktop/mythvideoexport.py' --gformat
%TITLE%"gives the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Martin