[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Dec 30 17:16:49 UTC 2010

I'm having some trouble deleting channels.

For background, I have one HD STB dedicated for MythTV usage.  It's
connected to the backend in two ways, both with firewire and also via
composite into a PVR-150.  My goal is to have the channels available
over firewire record over firewire and those that aren't record
through the PVR-150.  I have two channel lineups.  Source 4 is for
firewire and source 6 is for the PVR-150.  I initially set up the
channels as the same, and planned to delete from source 4 any channels
typically unavailable over firewire.  The problem is, they keep coming
back.

I first tried deleting channels through the channel editor in
mythtv-setup.  This appeared to work, but I noticed some time later
that I was still getting failed recordings for the channels I deleted.
 I checked again and the channels were still there.  Then I tried
deleting the channels in mythweb.  This seemed to have no effect at
all.  Finally I went into mysql directly and just deleted them by
hand.  I still have the command in the mysql client history:

   delete from channel where channum in (253, 254, 255, 256) and sourceid = 4;

and all seemed good for a little while, but they're back now:

mysql> select chanid, channum, callsign, name from channel where
sourceid = 4 and channum in (253, 254, 255, 256);
+--------+---------+----------+-----------------------+
| chanid | channum | callsign | name                  |
+--------+---------+----------+-----------------------+
|   4253 | 253     | NIKP     | Nickelodeon (Pacific) |
|   4256 | 256     | NICJR    | Nick Jr               |
|   4254 | 254     | NIKTON   | Nicktoons Network     |
|   4255 | 255     | TNCK     | Teen Nick             |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What's going on?  Is something polling Schedules Direct and re-adding
channels or something?

Thanks,

Eric