[mythtv-users] [UK] BBC HD and BBC ONE HD - recording length incorrect

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:46:42 UTC 2010

I'm jumping in part-way through this thread but I've just started to watch
some BBC HD and BBC One HD recordings (until now I've only recorded/watched
SD) and have seen some strange happenings which appear that they may be
related to what's described in this thread.

As long as I watch a recording through from beginning to end, everything
seems fine, but if I pause and resume a playback, the playback seems to
resume from totally the wrong place. Pausing a (say) one hour recording
after 10 minutes, then resuming it after a 15 minute wait, seems to resume
way, way ahead of the ten-minute pause point and necessitates skipping back
to find the correct place to watch from. This understandably impacts the WAF
as it's awkward seeing 'bits' of a programme that you've not watched yet.

Another thing that I have notice is that when I watch BBC HD or BBC One HD
recordings, the front end seems to consume memory which is never released. I
use 'munin' to monitor my front- and back-end machines and there is a steady
increase in memory usage when watching one of my HD recordings that I don't
see at any other time. There is a memory usage screenshot here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5481869/Screenshot.png

I've only just started to record/watch HD and have only just come across
this, so although I don't have much additional information to hand I'll be
happy to collect any log information that might be useful to get this
problem tracked down and fixed.

Both backend and frontend are running 0.24-fixes from Mythbuntu repos,
though probably neither are quite up-to-date just now.

George