[mythtv-users] No passive EIT on Live TV, only on recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Dec 30 10:52:29 UTC 2010

On 30/12/10 10:08, Martin van Es wrote:
> I have never been able to reap DVB-C EIT info while watching live-tv,
> only when a pre-scheduled recording starts. I don't want to use active
> scan since it hammers my system 24/7 while EIT can be reaped within 1
> minute of recording. The problem is that sometimes I don't have any
> recordings scheduled for 1 or 2 days, and Ziggo (dutch cable company)
> only supplies 4 days in advance. So I start to run out of EPG quite
> fast.
One way to resolve this would be to set up a daily manual recording of an hour
or so at a time that you can guarantee you won't want to record or watch
anything - i.e. the middle of the night. Doesn't matter what program. Set it up
with auto expiry on and let that collect the EPG info for you.

Mike Perkins