[mythtv-users] Firewire partial lock

Brad Crotchett brad at bradandkim.net
Wed Dec 29 23:06:22 UTC 2010

I have been through every thread I can find on this topic, but I still
can't solve my main issue.  Live TV never works and I just get a partial
lock with "L__" on the OSD.  Recordings work fine for a while and then
stop working until the box is rebooted.

At one time test-mpeg2 would work, but now I just get zero-sized files.
Everything worked fine until I made the move to firewire on Ubuntu
(previously CentOS 5).  Any tips on what to look for or how to
troubleshoot?

Ubuntu 10.04
Mythtv-0.23
04:08.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev
04)

Thanks,

Brad