[mythtv-users] deleted channels and need to restore from backup

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Wed Dec 29 17:22:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Andrew wrote:

> I wanted to use the channel scanner in .24 to pickup a new channel that was
> added and behold it deleted all my channels after the scan.  :o  I have a
> backup that is 2 months old (thought myth backed up on it's own somewhere
> but couldn't find it) and would like to restore my channel info from that
> old DB.  Does anyone know what tables I would need to extract from the old
> DB and insert into the new one?  And if so what commands to use to do this?
>
> Thanks.

Never mind....  I was able to find a more recent DB backup and just reloaded
the whole DB.  That channel scanner still needs some work.  For example, the
software that comes with the HDHOMERUN has a simple scanner that you just
hit "scan" and it picks up all the channels and even labels them with the
correct channel name and numbers.  On the contrary when you select "auto
add" in myth the channel numbers are random and you end up manually editing
everything.  Not sure how the HDHOMERUN software does it, but it just
works!  Hopefully this can be simplified at some point.