[mythtv-users] playing bluray

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 05:30:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The example in the KEYDB.cfg file has 5 lines for the HOST_CERT, each
>> starting with a "0x".  The info included in the aacskeys appears to be
>> one long hex string.  Is the example broken up for readability
>> purposes or do I need to chop up the long hex string and match the
>> format / length?  This is not obvious to me.  Or am I just totally on
>> the wrong track here?

I keep finding myself needing to add more thoughts...

This requires a little deductive reasoning, but come on, not a lot--
Create a Host certificate entry in your KEYDB.cfg using the
information in the files... do the numbers of digits match the
example?  If not, you're doing something wrong.  Yes, you need to
follow the example EXACTLY, including breaking up the long string and
adding 0x prefixes... the \'s you see are standard for anything in
POSIX to indicate that the command/information continues on the next
line.

I really thought that most people would be savvy enough to follow the
relatively simple steps to get this working, and I've really gone
about as far as I feel comfortable going in open forums to leave
as-specific-as-is-safe instructions.  If you can't figure out how to
make things work given the wiki, the detailed instructions, and all
the keys in front of you, you may want to wait until libaacs is
polished enough to be used with little intervention.  This isn't meant
insultingly, simply as an expression that this is new code meant for
advanced users, and that I don't feel safe or comfortable telling you
where to dot is and cross ts on this topic in a publicly logged list.

Robert