[mythtv-users] upnp server not working?

Frank Hartmann soundart at gmx.net
Tue Dec 28 21:26:00 UTC 2010

Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Frank Hartmann <soundart at gmx.net> wrote:
>> I have now another storage group for live-tv as Gavin indicated,
>> unfortunately this did not seem to help.
>
> Recordings primarily will exist in the "Default" storage group.
> Live-TV isn't terribly useful for UPnP at this time.
>
>> I found out that there seems to be a difference in behaviour if I set
>> VideoStartupDir to an non-existing directory (default, was /share) or to
>> an existing but empty of video files directory(/tmp). (I think I left the
>> log-level identical)
>
> Anything that is to be found by "VideoStartupDir" is not going to be
> found under "Recordings", but rather under "Videos".
>
>> mythbackend --upnprebuild -v all,extra
>
> --upnprebuild will have little or nothing to do with recordings.  That
> is only for the "Videos" scanner.
>
>> Should the log not contain some messages related to my recordings
>> somehow?
>
> Nope.  The only thing that gets logged is with regards to Videos.
>
> If the recordings are in the "Default" storage group, and you can play
> them back from the frontend, you should be able to see them in the
> Recordings submenu on a UPnP client.

Unfortunately this does not work for me.....

Is there a way to distinguish if it is a mythtv problem (somehow not
finding the recordings) or an incompability with the upnp client?

Can I do some mysql query myself which provides a list of recordings
which will be presented using upnp?  Shouldn't there be something in the
log files?

Is this file upnpcdstv.cpp responsible for the recordings part?

kind regards
  Frank