[mythtv-users] Channel History back/fwd questions

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Dec 27 14:38:37 UTC 2010

 Can someone elaborate on how Channel History (letter "h" command?)
 works??  [I'm away from my FE and am using wiki/googling today to plan
 some changes tonight.]

 In regard to Channel History, the documentation says that each click of
 "h" during LiveTV will tune to the previous channel relative to some
 list maintained by the FE?  Any background on how that list is created
 and maintained?  (i.e. is it new per LiveTV session, maintained on/per
 FE?)

 CASE: If I tuned (oldest to newest) channels 2 -> 5 -> 7 -> 9 and then
 pressed "h" once, I would be tuned from *9* back to *7*?  Click "h"
 again and I revert further to *5*?
 IS THAT CORRECT?

 The channel history sequence is literal correct?  If I tuned to 2 -> 5
 -> 5 -> 5 -> 5 and hit "h", it just pops the first *5* off the stack and
 retunes to the previous *5*?  (i.e. the "h" command doesn't try to
 out-think silly user tricks - in this case would it return to the first
 dissimilar value == *2*?)
 CORRECT?

 I assume it is possible to reach the end of the available Channel
 History?  If so, what happens onscreen (general description)?  [i.e.
 "End of Channel History" is shown]

 Finally, is there a channel history FORWARD command/key?   If I tuned 2
 -> 5 -> 7 -> 9, then hit "h" and "h", I should be on *5*, and then I
 click "_somekey_"??  and am put forward one position on the channel
 history list to *7*...
 I don't see a key reference to this capability, is that possible?  If
 so, How please?

 TIA!