[mythtv-users] Most stable compatible Linux distribution

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 12:26:45 UTC 2010

Sure no definitive answer, just suggestion or recommendation based on
personal experience. I read drivers on Fedora are a little bit more up to
date (like the LIRC on). But might be more complex to get other stuff
working.
Ubuntu is also installing a little bit too much stuff for a simple HTPC.
Also I face some conflict issues here and there, like watching a mkv movie
on xbmc, will  lock the sound for MPD, requesting a restart of MPD.

But you're right, might be simply the same in a different way on Fedora,
with for me the learning curve to add....