[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:51:39 UTC 2010

> Interesting. Problem is that if I include the "blaster" section (or, it seems, any part of it), irsend stops recognizing anything.
> >
> >  For example, if I remove the entire section for "blaster":
> >
> >  $ irsend LIST "" ""
> >  irsend: Hauppauge
> >  irsend: hauppauge_pvr
> >  irsend: Hauppauge_350
> >  irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
> >  irsend: Hauppauge
> >
> >  If I include the blaster section in its entirety:
> >
> >  $ irsend LIST "" ""
> >  (nothing)
> >
> >  If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, replacing "begin codes" with "begin raw_codes" and continuing until "end raw_codes":
> >
> >  $ irsend LIST "" ""
> >  (nothing)
> >
> >  If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, leaving the "begin codes" and "end codes":
> >
> >  $ irsend LIST "" ""
> >  (nothing)
> >
> >  If I download the lircd.conf fromhttp://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf  and try that, unaltered:
> >
> >  $ irsend LIST "" ""
> >  (nothing)
> >
> >  Why should this be? How can I send a blaster code?
> No clue, it works for me... (Or at least, did last I tried it). I was thinking
> perhaps an error in your config somewhere, but if you're using the downloaded
> config w/o any changes, that doesn't seem like a possibility. I'll be poking
> at this shortly (later today, I hope), with an HVR-1950, will see what I can
> see then...

OK, back at home and have done some more testing:

If I populate the blaster codes with just "name 0_" codes, then irsend
LIST "" "" shows

irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: hauppauge_pvr
irsend: Hauppauge_350
irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: blaster

If, however, I add any "name 1_" code, then all is lost:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(no response)

Any idea why the "1" codes make it fail? I'm pretty sure my Bell 9241
STB will require one of the "1" codes, if I'm understanding the
distinction correctly (ie "1" codes are for satellite STBs).

OK: have done some additional testing: it is not the "1", it seems, but
the code itself which causes the failure. I tested by replacing:

  name 0_26_KEY_0
     1703936

with

  name 1_26_KEY_0
     1703936

and it worked fine:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: hauppauge_pvr
irsend: Hauppauge_350
irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: blaster

However if I replace:

  name 0_26_KEY_0
     1703936

with

  name 0_26_KEY_0
     2149187584

it fails ("2149187584" is the code corresponding to "name 1_26_KEY_0"):

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(no response)

Note too that if I only comment out:

#name 0_26_KEY_0
   #  1703936

it fails - seems it doesn't like hashes.

If I delete that entirely and replace with:

name 0_26_KEY_0
     2149187584

it also fails.

HOWEVER...if I drop a single digit from the code, the remotes are
recognized!

name 1_26_KEY_0
     214918758

$ irsend LIST "" ""
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: hauppauge_pvr
irsend: Hauppauge_350
irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: blaster

So: are we sure that the satellite codes require 10 digits and not 9 (or
8 or 7 or any number less than 10)? Does anyone have an HD-PVR IR
blaster working with a satellite STB or using the "1" codes with 10
digits? Note further that transmission fails if I drop the final digit,
so perhaps it's one of the other digits that's unnecessary?

--

Kind regards,

Martin