[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Dec 26 10:19:51 UTC 2010

On 26/12/10 01:49, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 12/25/2010 20:47, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 12/25/2010 20:39, Brian Wood wrote:
>>> So do you need Windows to configure a Harmony? If that's the case I
>>> would
>>> not buy one, Bill has enough money, and that sort of "hidden" cost, on
>>> top id an already very high price, is just too much.
>>
>> There is a 3rd party library and UI available for configuring the
>> Harmony. Technically, all configuration is done on the Logitech
>> website, and this library just manages dumping it into the remote.
>
> Whoops. Forgot to paste in the link...
>
> http://www.phildev.net/concordance/

Be nice if that worked. It seems that concordance is compiled against the
original draft USB headers as against the more modern libraries most distros
supply. (It looks for usb.h as opposed to libusb.h.) I can't get mine to work at
all, had to borrow a laptop off my son to set it up.

Oh, and the website is bad, all right. I only managed to figure my way through
it by accident. It didn't recognise my new TV, thought it was similar to a
completely different one. Fortunately a call to the (toll-free) helpline found
me a helpful lady who sorted my problem out. Eventually.

--

Mike Perkins