[mythtv-users] XMLTV on SAT channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Dec 26 10:11:54 UTC 2010

On 25/12/10 17:39, Emmanuel wrote:
> Well what I do is put no grabber in the video source screen AFTER i
> scanned all channels, then go back to channel editor and put my xmltv ids.
> And then I go back and put back eit in the video source.
> Yes I use both: as many channels as possible by the xmltv grabber
> because its higher quality epg and the remaining via the broadcaster's
> longterm eit.
If you do this, and it can be necessary under certain circumstances, make
*absolutely* *sure* that you tick EIT against *only* the channels that you want
EIT to be collected for, and that those channels *do* *not* appear in your xmltv
grabber config file.

In other words, there must be NO OVERLAP between the EIT channel list and the
grabber channel list.

Mike Perkins