[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 01:34:44 UTC 2010

On 25 December 2010 11:29, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>    It it infact quite true.
>
>    It really quite baffles me why you feel the need to LIE about something
> like this.

??

Take any ipod, iphone or iPad running iOS 4.2, and they all can stream
to an ATV without requiring being registered. Any ATV will show up in
the airplay option (same with airport express).
That's a screen capture playing youtube on my iPhone. Once you tap on
the AirPlay button
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qdq6gp.png

Apple TV is ... the Apple TV
Living Room is the Airport Express, (though I only use this one as a
cheap 802.11n repeater now that the ATV is connected to my TV and
amplifier)

Just last night, I had my laptop and I showed a video to everyone by
streaming to their ATV.
At no time did I register that AppleTV. It just automatically showed
up in iTunes in the bottom right corner and let me stream to it.

And yes, it's the latest ATV, I never owned the first model

Do you even have an ATV?

>   That would be something taken from the community rather than given to it.

riiiight..

>   Typical fanboy response to dissent.

ROFL...

Yes, I am a fan of a company that is successful because it creates
great products. And I do buy the product that I think are cool. The
ATV is one, streaming audio and video so easily it great.

Anyhow, I'll do what any reasonable person should do (or not do) with
trolls: ignore them and stop feeding them.