[mythtv-users] System Events execute on frontends but not on backend/frontend

Patrick Archibald patrick.archibald at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 15:26:01 UTC 2010

I have a script that runs OK on my 3 frontends but does not run on my

I am using the "Playback started" System Event. Below is a URL to the
output from an SQL query on the mythconverg.settings table.

The backend hostname is server0. The entries in the database table look OK.

To troubleshoot I've tried the very basic Ubuntu command
/usr/bin/notify-send '%SENDER%' '%SENDER%'  on the EventCmdAll event.
It doesn't work either on my backend/frontend.

Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot system events?

Rock on, PLA
Patrick L Archibald