[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Mike altmcf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 18:52:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a new remote for a new mythfrontend.  The remote must have a
> very high wife acceptance.  I currently have a MCE and gyration remote, and they
> work, but they each have there issues.
>

> I have never had good luck with remotes.  I am hoping someone can give me a good
> recommendation.
>
> I am in the US if it matters.
>
> Thanks, Mike

I have been using a wireless keyboard with a Sony remote trained to
the wireless keyboard presses.  I have used this setup for many years
now and it works great.  Plus new releases of mythtv work without any
tweaking, I plug the keyboard receiver into the new box and the
remotes are already trained.  Simple to remap keys and train the
remote as needed.

-Mike